Fibbage is a game in the The Jackbox Party Pack series. Each game supports between 2 to 8 players, with an audience cap that varies depending on which version is being played. Players write lies to a prompt and then need to figure out the truth among everyone else's lies. All versions of the game are hosted by Cookie Masterson.
Each game is split into three rounds: two normal rounds with several questions, and a final round with only one. Each question begins with one player selecting a category. Every question consists of an unusual fact with a missing word or phrase. Each player makes up a fake answer using their mobile device. Afterwards, the real answer and all of the lies are displayed randomly on-screen. Players must then choose what they think the truth is. Points are awarded to whoever successfully picks the truth, as well as to anybody who fools the other players with their lies.
In the first round, 1000 points are given for finding the true answer, and 500 points are awarded for every person fooled by a particular lie; if a player has the game choose a lie for them using the "Lie for me!" option, they only get half the points. If a player selects a lie provided by the game (usually when a player does not put in a lie), they will lose 500 points. In Round 2, points are doubled (2000 for the truth, 1000 for lies), and in the final round - the Final Fibbage - points are tripled (3000 for the truth, 1500 for lies). The player with the most points after the three rounds wins.
Players may also pick whatever lies they liked after choosing an answer. These "likes" are tallied throughout the game, and the player with the most is given the "Thumbs Cup" at the end of the game.
Should a player input the truth as their lie, the game will not let them submit, deeming the input "too similar to the truth."
In Fibbage 2, there are new questions such as "Celebrity Quotes of Great Importance," and "Road Trip" that have a specific theming to them. An extra addition is the "De-Fib-Rillator" which is exclusive to this game. It can be used once in a game to remove all but one lie and the truth. An audience of up to 200 can also participate and vote for their favorite lies.
In Fibbage 3, for the first time the "likes" now provide points with 5 - 15 depending on the round. There are other additional question types included as well. The audience cap has also been expanded to 10,000 and their votes now provide points, and players no longer lose points for choosing game-provided lies.
In Fibbage: Enough About You, there are two rounds. The first round begins with each player truthfully answering one question. Each question is then posed to the other players, who make up lies and find the truth as usual. Scoring is the same in this round, with the addition of a 1000-point reputation bonus awarded to the question's subject for every person that finds the truth.
The second round has every player write one truth and one lie about themselves. Each pair is then offered to the other players. The player will receive 250 points for every player they fool, while those that find the truth are awarded 500 points.
Below is a list of all the games of the Fibbage franchise:
|Fibbage was released for Xbox One, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, and Amazon Fire in 2014.|
|Fibbage XL contains all the questions from Fibbage, plus new questions that makes this game 50% bigger than the original Fibbage. Fibbage XL was featured in The Jackbox Party Pack.|
|Fibbage 2 was featured in The Jackbox Party Pack 2.|
|Fibbage 3 is a game in The Jackbox Party Pack 4. Unlike the other two entries, 3 has a 60's/70's-inspired aesthetic, complete with psychedelic colors, old-timey TV transitions, and player icons of flowers with eyes. In the pack's main menu, the game is represented as a vinyl record.|
|Fibbage: Enough About You|
|Fibbage: Enough About You is a version of Fibbage 3 found in The Jackbox Party Pack 4. It retains the same art style and base gameplay.|
Fibbage (and Fibbage XL as a stand-alone title)
- Type-OH! – Enter a Lie
- Can't Be Fooled Again – All players find the truth on a question
- In the Bluff – Trick someone with one of your Lies
- Miss Congeniality – Win the Thumbs Cup
- Lie Jinx – Enter the same thing as another player
- George Washington – Write a Lie that's actually the Truth
- Pathological Liar – Play through all the questions in the game
- It’s Okay To Ask For Help – Use the "lie for me!" button to enter a lie
- Eight Ball – Play a full game with 8 players
- Master Baiter – Fool every other player with a Lie in a 3+ player game
- Politician – Fool every other player with a Lie in a 3+ player game
- Truth Fairies – All players find the truth on a question
- Copycatfishers – Enter the same thing as another player
- Don't Know What To Believe... – Write a Lie that's actually the Truth
- True Lies – Write a Lie that's actually the Truth
- Eight Isn't Enough – Play a game with 8 players plus an Audience
- Lord of the Lies – Fool every other player with a Lie in a 3+ player game
- Fire the Writers – All players find the truth on a question
- Crowd Teaser – Audience fools a player
- Doubly Impressive – Write a lie that's actually the truth in the final round of Fibbage 3
Fibbage: Enough About You
- Open Book – All players pick the truth in a 5+ player game of Enough About You (non final round)
- Would You Believe? – Fool 7 players in the final round of Enough About You